Notice – Recording Fees DECREASE Effective September 13, 2022
Senate Bill 61 will go into effect on September 13, 2022. If you will recall, on April 29, 2022, House Bill 93 went into effect and required all Ohio County Recorders to charge $4 for indexing any reference by separate recorded instrument. We worked with Senator Steve Wilson and Representative Scott Lipps, along with the Ohio Recorders Association, to change the law to make this fee an OPTIONAL charge. Beginning on September 13, 2022, the Warren County Recorders office will no longer charge a $4 marginal fee for documents. For those a submitting paper document, either by mail, overnight or in person, if you pay the $4 fee, we will deposit it into your escrow account. If you do not have an escrow account, we will assume you are paying the fee as an option. We will not reject the document(s) for a $4 overpayment. We would be happy to help you by setting up an escrow account where money can be deposited for overpayments, or taken out for under payments. Please contact our office at 513-695-1382. As a reminder, those who erecord do not need to worry about over and under payments as those are automatically taken care of through the process of erecording. Currently 75 percent of documents in Warren County are erecorded. Information on how to erecord can be found on our website.
The Warren County Recorder’s office has two long standing policies that we adhere by.
- All documents pertaining to land records must include a legal description.
- If you need to re-record a transfer document, the Recorder and Auditor require a new document with new notarized signatures.
Holiday Schedule 2023:
- Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 20 – President’s Day
- Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19 – Juneteenth Day
- Tuesday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 4 – Labor Day
- Friday, November 10 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23 & 24 – Thanksgiving
- December 25 & 26 – Christmas
- January 1, 2024 - New Year's Day
The Warren County Recorder’s office does not have birth or death records, but you can call 513-695-1220 for information. For marriage licenses, call 513-695-1183. For divorce records, call 513-695-1120.