Linda Oda was sworn in as the 24th Warren County Recorder on December 18, 2012 by her husband, Warren County Common Pleas Judge Donald E. Oda II. They have two children, and live in Clearcreek Township on a portion of the original farm Mrs. Oda’s family owned as she was growing up.
Her previous work experiences include more than 10 years as Fiscal Officer for Clearcreek Township, three years as Director of Advocacy Services for the Ohio Association of County Boards of Developmental Disabilities (formerly MRDD) where she worked with state and federal legislators on issues affecting people with disabilities; 10 years of public school communication (Kings Local, Loveland City and Springboro City school districts), and more than 20 years in the newspaper industry, where she held positions ranging from sports editor to publisher. The final six years of her journalism career were spent at the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Mrs. Oda has been active in the community. Currently, she serves as President of the Warren County Community Services organization, which oversees such major programs as Meals on Wheels and Headstart. She currently is President Pro Tem of the Lebanon Rotary Club. From 2004 to 2009, she served on the Warren County Board of MRDD, where she was vice president. She is a founding member of the Anthony Munoz Foundation, and has chaired various Warren County Republican Party events.
Other affiliations include:
- Graduate, Jo Ann Davidson Ohio Leadership Institute – 2010
- Graduate, Ohio Township Association Leadership Academy – 2011
- Member, Springboro Baptist Church
- Chair, Governor’s Council on People with Disabilities (2012)
- Member, Springboro Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Waynesville Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Lebanon Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Little Miami Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Warren County Area Progress Council
- Past President, Warren County FOP Auxiliary<
- Secretary, Warren County GOP Central Committee
- Warren County Republican Century Club
- Member, Warren County Farm Bureau
- Member, Springboro Lions Club
- Member, Lebanon Rotary Club
- Member, Friends of Warren County Park Board
- Member, Greater Cincinnati Autism Society
A 1978 graduate Springboro High School, Mrs. Oda graduated from Miami University with a bachelor’s degree, and has completed additional coursework at
Miami University in the field of business.